We’re looking for someone who is committed and passionate about our mission to preserve the planet for future generations by giving resources new life!
General job description
The Process Leader is responsible for overseeing an effective and efficient composting process; ensuring organic waste is converted to high-quality compost or other beneficial products in a safe and efficient manner within the requirements of the sites permit and contracts.
- In coordination with the Operations Manager and Maintenance Leader, plans the process logistics on site.
- Prepare a realistic monthly forecast for the incoming material based on contract information, historical records, seasonality and experience.
- In coordination with the activities planned by the Maintenance Leader and Operations Manager, calculates optimal batch mixes/tunnel recipes, and prepares tunnel filing schedules to optimize throughput given forecasts and seasonal changes.
- Monitor, manage and calibrate the site’s odour abatement systems to ensure the site’s emissions meet the permits requirements.
- Ensure all necessary permit related samplings, tests and are completed by specialist parties. Review and analyze test results.
- Report equipment malfunctions or system upsets with the Maintenance Leader or Operations Manager.
- Monitor SCADA for process irregularities and adjust when required to ensure material passes through each phase of the composting process within appropriate schedules.
- To carry out any other such reasonable job-related tasks that the Company may require.
Experience and Qualifications
- Knowledge of composting processes and process installation(s) preferably experienced in biological processing of organic waste streams.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in sciences or related field (biology, chemistry, environmental engineering, etc.).
- Clear understanding of the value of compost and its by-products.
- Two years’ experience with SCADA and different types of measuring and control technology.
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office, SCADA, ERP).
Click here to Apply for this job position