Join Our Team as a Full-Time General Labourer in London, ON!
Convertus Group is Canada’s largest and most advanced operator, processing more than 500,000 tonnes of waste annually. From coast to coast, we operate 13 sites to produce over 200,000 tonnes of finished compost and over 80,000 GJ of Renewable Natural Gas. This is the equivalent to taking 15,000 cars off the road or avoiding 28 million litres of gasoline being consumed. Of the waste we receive, we recycle and recover approximately 90%, which translates to a significant positive environmental impact. Be a part of our groundbreaking journey!
As a General Labourer, your mission is to ensure the cleanliness and best functioning of our facility through preventative maintenance of both the building and equipment. In times of operational needs, you will support loader operations, ensuring a smooth and efficient workflow.
Here’s what an ordinary day of work might look like:
- Clean screening line and facility, ensuring floors and equipment are consistently clean.
- Keep the exterior of the building and site free of debris, including snow and ice removal from walkways, ramps, and main doors.
- Empty garbage bins in all plant areas and load haulage vehicles, tunnels, storage bunkers, and processing equipment with loose waste.
- Assist the Maintenance team as required, operating pressure wash equipment, checking humidity tubes, changing water, and performing painting tasks.
- Operate equipment safely and effectively, report accidents, incidents, and near misses, enforce PPE and RPE requirements, and perform pre-use safety checks on plant items while adhering to company procedures.
This job is for you if:
- You hold a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- You have at least 2 years of experience with a hands-on approach as a general labourer in a similar industry.
- You work well as a team and on your own.
- You are open to learning, and not afraid to make mistakes / ask for feedback.
- You hold a valid Driver’s License – it is a requirement.
Come to Join Us in Shaping the Future. Click here to apply with your resume (CV) and cover letter or for more information.
If you’re eager to contribute to our success and shape our story, this is your moment! Join us for a successful journey of growth, where you can make a meaningful impact that will last for generations.
Convertus Group is a Living Wage and Progressive Indigenous Relations committed employer. We believe in providing equal opportunity and creating an inclusive environment for all candidates and employees. We welcome applications regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, gender identity, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.