Join Our Team as a Full-Time Production Leader in Surrey, BC!
Convertus Group is Canada’s largest and most advanced operator, processing more than 500,000 tonnes of waste annually. From coast to coast, we operate 13 sites to produce over 200,000 tonnes of finished compost and over 80,000 GJ of Renewable Natural Gas. This is the equivalent to taking 15,000 cars off the road or avoiding 28 million litres of gasoline being consumed. Of the waste we receive, we recycle and recover approximately 90%, which translates to a significant positive environmental impact. Be a part of our groundbreaking journey!
As our Production Leader, your mission is to efficiently turn organic waste into high-quality compost and beneficial products. Ensure safety, adhere to site permits, and meet contractual obligations as you lead our team in making a positive impact on the environment.
Here’s what an ordinary day of work might look like:
- Master daily routines including shift changeovers and coordination meetings, to enhance overall site functionality.
- Lead daily activities, ensuring Loader Operators strictly adhere to batch mix recipes, filling schedules, and safe material handling as directed by the Process Leader.
- Ensure strict adherence to the Project Agreement, maintaining compliance with guidelines and contractual obligations.
- Plan and coordinate on-site logistics, actively engaging in meetings with key partners.
This job is for you if:
- You hold a post-secondary degree or diploma in sciences or related field (biology, chemistry, environmental engineering, etc.
- You have at least 2 years of experience with a hands-on approach, willingness to walk the floor and lead by example.
- Your technological skills are a strong fit, including MS Office, SCADA, ERP.
- You are open to learn, not afraid to make mistakes / ask for feedback.
- Knowledge of composting processes and process installation(s) within the organic waste industry would be a great asset.
- You hold a valid Driver’s License – it is a requirement.
- Salary range – 75K – 95K based on skills and experience
- RRSP Program with company’s match
- Paid time off – sick, vacation and volunteer
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Employee and family assistance program
- Wellness reimbursement program
- On-the-job training
- Personalized development plans
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee recognition
Come to Join Us in Shaping the Future. Click here to apply with your resume (CV) and cover letter or for more information.
If you’re eager to contribute to our success and shape our story, this is your moment! Join us for a successful journey of growth, where you can make a meaningful impact that will last for generations.
Convertus Group is a Living Wage and Progressive Indigenous Relations committed employer. We believe in providing equal opportunity and creating an inclusive environment for all candidates and employees. We welcome applications regardless of ethnic origin, national origin, gender, gender identity, race, colour, religious beliefs, disability, sexual orientation, age, or marital status.
We thank you for your application; however, only successful applicants will be contacted.